My goodness, June is already here and just now am I sitting here trying to post the review for my May Birchbox. The box I received for May is mostly hair products, which is fine because I have very long hair, and a lot of it.
What’s in the box:
- amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask – I was eager to fix my split ends so this was the first thing I tried out of the box. The pouch contained just enough product for my hair, but unfortunately it left a waxy texture throughout the next day, even after I had rinsed thoroughly.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – I’ve been using this for about a week now, don’t really see any difference and the sprayer is broken so I have to open it up and pour it on my hand to apply. Smells good though.
- Issac Mizrahi FABULOUS Issac Mizrah Eau de Parfum – Smells wonderful, I actually kind of like getting perfume samples because then I’d get a large variety to wear without having to commit to a large bottle that would just last forever and ever.
- Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream – I’v yet to try this on my face, the color seems ok on my hand. Curious as to what the difference is between BB cream and CC cream though.
- Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream – Another product I haven’t tried yet, but feels kind of lame to get shaving cream…
- *Beauty Extra* amika Obliphica Hair Treatment – It’s nice to get extra free sample, but after using the amika mask, I’m not sure if I’m ready to risk another day of waxy hair.
Overall, the box was just ok, not sure if I’m really in love with all these hair products because for $10, I can buy several bottles of TRESemme split end remedy that works perfectly for my hair without making it waxy. And the shaving cream? Come on!