Hellos! Today I have for you my first attempt at galaxy nails. Thanks to @californials’ Nail Art Challenge, I finally got the chance to try galaxy nails and I love it! I wasn’t really sure how to do it but I googled a little and just decided to give it a try. These nails literally made my gloomy Monday less dreadful because whenever I see my hands I see the universe, haha.
Here’s the picture of my right hand. I tried to connect the galaxy nail to nail and I think I like it more than the left. What do you think? 😀
Left hand – practicing different looks
A rare both hands together. 😛
Sorry for the off colors
1. Paint your nails black
2. Use a sponge or in this case I used a Q-tip, because my sponge kept on sticking onto the nails, to gently dab on the different universe colors you choose. I did a blue, a purple and little bit of red.
3. Once you have the base colors done, you can start adding in the white nail polish to create the star clusters. I also added some off white, OPI My Vampire is Buff, to give it more depth.
4. Repeat step 2 & 3 until you’re satisfied with your galaxy.
5. Use a small dotting tool to dot little stars with white nail polish.
6. Apply a glitter nail polish for a more sparkly look. I used China Glaze’s Fairy Dust. It worked magic!
7. Finally, top coat! This made my galaxy nails look so amazing in person. LOVE. 😀
China Glaze Fairy Dust
OPI My Vampire is Buff
OPI The Spy Who Loved Me
OPI Unfor-greta-bly Blue
OPI Suzi & The 7 Dusseldorfs
Seche Vite Top Coat
Q-tip & Small dotting tool
Here’s a look of the galaxy nails before applying China Glaze’s Fairy Dust.
Overall, I think I am in love with galaxy nails! It’s gorgeous, fun, easy to do, and totally based on your own imagination of the universe.
Have a stellar day!
– a galaxified charme